Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fatality Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skinn
Guild Master
Active

Active

re: EMO ALERT!!

No I did not say elmo, little dude is safe and sound I said EMO ALERT. I want to begin by saying congratulations to Fatality for moving to 5/12. Now everyone knows that I was not able to attend the evening we downed the last two bosses, and yet I am happy. WHY you may ask yourself if you happen to be one of the people NOT chosen to go into that 10 man raid...the answer is I am a MATURE ADULT. I know we are playing a fkn video game but that does NOT give me the right to act like a spoiled rotten CHILD!! WAKE UP PEOPLE and think rationally for a moment. 10 people can go in if we do not have 25 raid VIABLE people on, yes? IF EVERYONE took the stance that "I DESERVE A SPOT OR I AM GOING TO SHOW MY ASS" would we EVER get anything accomplished? Not one of you can solo any of these bosses so teamwork is not only an integral part of this equation it is a VITAL one. I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to most of the "human" issues I deal with as GM but insubordination or dissension will NOT BE TOLERATED!!! Inner, Havax, Ded and I are dedicated, motivated and skillful leaders but none of us are PERFECT. We are human just like you and a little understanding will go a loooooong fkn way to making our jobs easier.

What is our job? When I told Havax on the phone that I was coming back full time, I gave that man my word. My job is very clear, the success of this guild, PERIOD. While I have a full time job and own my own business, I also have a family who vie for my time. This makes compressing my guild responsibilities very important and I do a lot of my communication with my officers over the phone and email during work hours. They ALL know the objectives and are actively doing their very best to make Fatality into a powerhouse again. This process is well along the way and has reached a level of momentum that I think we can all agree, is evident. What I do not have time for is immaturity from GROWN adults!!! Carry yourselves as soldiers because we ARE a combat unit. Whether you believe it to be true or not does not change the fact that I value each and every ONE of you!! I cannot spend as much time as I would like talking with you but KNOW that the time I spend raiding or just kicking the shit with you guys in vent is some of MY personal favorite time of the day, I guard this time jealously from the powers in my life that would whittle away at it.

Anyone that knows me (many have raided with me for years) KNOWS that I am a Darwinian thinker. SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST is a law of the universe. You may not think it is fair but the universe does not care it will fkn EAT YOUR ASS!! Species that do not dominate or are incapable of rapidly assimilating to new challenges are swept aside by those species that DO. My advice to each and every one of you is to be the best you can be, improvise and adapt to every challenge presented to you and stand prepared when you are called to perform for this guild. While I respect each member for the unique perspectives and differing personalities you bring to the table all of those things are irrelevant when the warrior in me goes into combat mode. At that time PERFORMANCE and LOYALTY are the only relevant factors in deciding WHO is going and who I will keep in reserve. WHY? Because as a leader I am ultimately responsible for EACH AND EVERY REPAIR BILL AND RAIDING EXPENSE!!!!!! Every one of you have been REQUIRED to flask food chant gem spit shine and wax YOUR SHIT FOR A REASON. What is that reason?? SUCCESS!! If you wish to raid EARN THE RESPECT AND ADMIRATION that EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE will entitle you to. This is the ONLY entitlement that will ever be granted and it truly is earned NOT given away freely. There is NOTHING free in this universe, everything is earned through hard work and determination, man is the only exception to this rule and I think some of our species asinine backward mentality has become pervasive in you. DO NOT TAKE YOUR RAID SPOT FOR GRANTED, if someone is doing a better job the logs WILL SHOW THIS AND I AM WATCHING!!!!!!!

If this seems unfair to you, if you think I should build raid groups on some "fuzzy bunny" approach you are being unrealistic. From the time when I had to build 40 man raid groups from BH pugs (A first btw for molten core) I have used a Darwinian approach. I take those that are battle tested and combat PROVEN. IF you think that I enjoy sitting people out YOU ARE WRONG!! And what happens more times than not in 10 man content is I have MORE WORTHY RAIDERS than I have a spot for!! If you are asked to sit out that does NOT automatically mean you are NOT worthy it simply means you are sitting out AT THE MOMENT, if you are not RAID VIABLE you will be told in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS!! If you have been in a raid with Fatality previously and have not been told you are NOT raid worthy FKN RELAX and remember that EVERYONE sits out occasionally!!! I am no exception to this rule neither are ANY of my officers! The funniest (saddest) part of all of this and one you would all do well to remember...each item you want right now...we will eventually turn into a fkn shard because everyone will HAVE it already...yeah chew on that shit.

If you have any questions or concerns with this information let me know. I will not change my approach but I will try to explain the "Whys" behind my policy decisions if need be. We will be successful and a top Horde guild again my friends, I guarantee it.

~SKIN~

It is quite possible that you missed the point of contention concerning Sunday nights raid. People were not upset about not getting into the raid. They were upset about being told by our leader that he was taking his "A" team. Feelings were hurt; whether it was meant by him or not. It was a total lack of respect on his part for the feelings of others in the guild. Each and every member of this guild is or can become the best that we can be. We are all adults and deserve respect; not name-calling, first and foremost.
Devarona
Bloodguard
Active

Active

Ima try to clear a little bit up.

Some folks were upset about being sat.
Some were upset about the "A Team" part.

It's all behind us. What's ahead is crushing content. We do it as a team - for the guild.

Note to all: Remember that the moment you think you're the "best", there's always someone who will come and prove you wrong. The way to avoid this is to assume there's always somewhere you can improve. This keeps you open to learning -- stay away from complacency, it will kill yer buzz.

twisted
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fatality Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum